Hot News NEXT Celebrity
Hot News NEXT Celebrity
Hot News NEXT Celebrity

Monday, December 13, 2010

My First Post

This blog is inspired by the simple yet sophisticated style of Grace Kelly. When I watch her in films like Rear Window (1954), I am struck by how timeless her look is. Many of her outfits could easily be worn today and it's plain to see why her hairstyle has become so iconic.

However, it's not simply these elements that make her look so classic, but the way in which her hair, make-up, clothing and accessories are coordinated. Every aspect of her look is carefully planned so that each item compliments rather than competes with the rest and attention is given to the small details which complete a look, like pearl earrings or gloves. 

Like the little black dress and the trench coat, her style never seems to date. In my opinion, this makes Grace Kelly the epitome of classic elegance and the ultimate style icon.

Hence, this blog will essentially be about timeless style. I do not wish to define the blog's purpose in more specific terms than that, but rather allow it to develop organically into what I want it to be without too many constrictions.

I will leave you with a picture of the ever-elegant Grace Kelly.


No comments:

Post a Comment